Thursday, July 30, 2015
Reflections for this week
When I come to workshops I always try to find a few "golden nuggets" to take back to my classroom. I definitely have more than a few. I feel like the most dominant concept I will use in my classroom will be with my advanced students. I would like to use the concept of place in their symbolic self portraits. I will also do some cooperative learning activities with my beginning drawing students using writing and the abstract/concrete activity we did yesterday. The essential questions will also be a good spring board for a variety of lessons that I will need to spend some time implementing and developing. The "golden nuggets" I will take for both my students and myself in regards to media are the quink.....love it! The hump molds....both in my potter studio for stamps and in my classroom for a variety of applications. I really like the options for molds and paper, and the array of options for materials using these techniques.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is the second year I have come down to Laramie for the Summer Teacher Institute and have enjoyed both working with staff and other teachers.
ReplyDeleteThe big thing for me any time I take workshops is that I take something back to my classroom. I found that last year with the ceramics project and can see it again this year using the small scale modeling and the casting projects.
I'm always looking for low cost projects for students that make students think and put a part of themselves into.