Tuesday, July 28, 2015

How do you defined Home?

7 comments:

  1. I define home with the age old adage "Home is where the heart is". For me this means where people live whom I love.this can be my house, my parents house, a tent in the woods, or a place under the stars. A physical house is not necessary for me to call it a home. What matters more are the hearts of those who surround me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I define home as a place where those I love dwell. I extend my definition to cover dwellings of others loved ones, including animals. Home is a special place to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is a nurturing place. I go there as a place of refuge. My support mechanisms are all associated with home. I recharge and refresh at home. I can let my hair down at home. I still think of my parents house as home. I still think of Western New York as home. Cheyenne is home for me now and I anticipate a future where Cheyenne will be the place I think of as home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave, I like your comments here. I have been in a place where I had my family - all those I love - but didn't feel it was a nurturing place, a refuge. Therefore it never became home for me. It was simply a place where I sheltered my family until we could find our nurturing place.

      Delete
  4. Tarzan Zerbini
    Fantasy Island? FUN WOW!!!
    Hungry lions roar

    ReplyDelete
  5. home. a place of quiet
    contemplate. rejuvenate. rest
    prepare oneself. home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Home is a place where I can put down roots and let my branches grow tall. It requires sunshine and clean, crisp air. It's a place of comfort, but also takes work to maintain. Full of love and memories, I think it's not only a dwelling but an emotion and feeling of contentment. I've carried places with me where I have lived, but they are not just houses or apartments. They are landscapes that have swaddled me in soft grasses, built me up in their forests and sand blasted away my grief with harsh but cathartic wind.

    ReplyDelete